• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland







    How to apply for a visa?


    1. Register your visa application at 


    2. Save and print out your application after submitting it online.


    3. Time of your appointment is on the last page of your application.


    4. Prepare supporting documents listed below.


    5.  Personal appearance is required.



    Please note:

    Only the official Schengen Visa Application Form to be downloaded from
    E-KONSULAT can be accepted!

    Forms filled out by hand or from other websites and providers will not be accepted and applicants will be rejected and will have to schedule a new appointment.



    Tourists and visitors on B1/B2 and J1 Summer Work Travel visas

    must apply in their country of residence.



    For inquiries please mail
    or call +1 646 237 2100, choose 2 for 'English' and 7 for 'Visas to Poland'
    only if the subject is not covered on the website.


    Please Note: Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot bear any responsibility for inaccuracies contained here.



     Do you need a visa to Poland?


    Check the list of countries whose citizens may travel to Schengen States without visa and stay there up to 90 days.  United States citizens may travel to Poland (and other Schengen countries) for up to 90 days without a visa. For longer visits, please apply for a national visa, type D. Dual citizens, with both Polish and American citizenship, should use their Polish passports when crossing the border of Poland.



     When to apply for a visa? How long it takes?


    The applicant needs to apply for a visa in person not earlier than 3 months and not later than 15 calendar days before a planned trip! There is no expedited service to process an application. Visa processing time: up to 15 calendar days from the personal appearance at the Consulate. In individual cases, processing may take up to 30 days.



    Where to apply for a visa?


    The Consulate General of Poland in New York serves only customers legally residing in our consular district consisting of the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont (other Polish consulates in the US: here).


    Applicant must provide a proof of legal residence in the United States of America and a valid re-entry document (for non US citizens): original of Permanent Residence Card (so called Green Card) or U.S. resident visa type A, E, F (with endorsed I-20 - each endorsement is valid for one, guarantees re-entry of the student), G, H, I, J plus J1 documents, L, O, R.  The U.S. residence permit or a visa and also endorsed I-20 must be valid at least three months beyond the intended departure from the territory of Poland or other Member States (Schengen).


    The application can be submitted at the Consulate General of Poland only if the main destination is Poland. If other Schengen country is the main destination in terms of length or purpose of stay, you should apply at the consulate of that country.


    If you intend to visit multiple countries in the Schengen area and you will stay in each of them exactly the same amount of nights then you must apply at the consular office of the country you will enter first.




    What type of visa do you need?


    1. Schengen visa (type C). A uniform visa issued by one of the Schengen States is valid for the entire territory of all Schengen States. You have to apply for a visa at the consulate of the country that is the main destination of your visit. A short stay Schengen visa is issued for up to 90 days within a 6-months period (180 days).


    2. National visa (type D). National visas are issued mainly for the purpose of study, work or for the Card of the Pole (Karta Polaka) holders. A long term visa is issued for more than 90 days but no longer than 365 days. 


    3. Airport transit visa (type A). Airport visa is valid only for transit through the international area of the airport on the territory of the Schengen states. It does not allow its holder to leave the airport. Airport visas are required from the citizens of: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Congo (Democratic Republic), Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia and Sri Lanka.



    What documents are required?










    If the visa will be granted, the visa sticker will be affixed to the passport.




    Visa fees


    Short-stay Schengen visa (C) and long-stay national visa (D) 72 USD


    Short-stay Schengen visa for the citizens of the Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Russian Federation, Ukraine: 42 USD


    Short-stay Schengen visa for children from the age of six years old and below the age of 12 years: 42 USD 


    Long-stay national visa for the citizens of Ukraine: no fee


    Long-stay national visa for the 'Karta Polaka' ('Card of the Pole') holders: no fee 



    Visa fee exemptions:


    • Children under 6 years of age;
    • Foreigners who are spouses of EU citizens (applicant shall bring marriage certificate and a copy of valid EU passport of the spouse);
    • School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training (Schengen visas only);
    • Researchers from third countries traveling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research as defined in Recommendation No 2005/761/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of the September 28, 2005 to facilitate the issue by the Member States of uniform short-stay visas for researchers from third countries traveling within the community for the purpose of carrying out scientific research;
    • Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations;




    Acceptable forms of payment  for consular fees are: cash, money order or cashier's check payable to the Consulate General of Poland in New York. Personal checks, credit cards and debit cards are not accepted.  


    There is an option of mailing the passport back to the address provided by the applicant at an additional fee of 7 USD. We are not responsible for the passport once it is handed to the delivery company.




    Please note that possession of a visa to a Schengen territory does not equal an automatic right of entry and that there might be additional entry requirements that apply to all travelers, regardless whether they travel to Poland with or without a visa.

    Drukuj Drukuj Share: